1. Business First, Women Who Mean Business, Inc. has no limit to its membership. Membership, however, is limited to one professional per category.
2. Should membership concerns arise, the Membership Committee shall address the issue. The Member or applicant agrees to any request and / or actions imposed by the Membership Committee.
3. The membership and guest roster cannot be sold or used for spam or unsolicited mailings of any format.
4. Each guest may only attend two meetings per year.
5. A guest does not possess the same privileges as a Member. A guest is allowed to introduce herself with her name and company only. A guest is encouraged to utilize the open networking time to distribute her business cards or related items and discuss her line of business. While a guest is not allowed to place her business cards within the business card box, she is allowed to pull cards from the box. A guest is eligible to participate in the 50/50 raffle. The sponsoring Member of a guest is responsible for ensuring her guest adheres to these and all rules.
6. Each guest and/or applicant must have a sponsoring Member and be mutually beneficial to Business First.
7. A new applicant shall submit her application online. An interview is set up within 5 business days. After the interview with the Membership Committee, the VP of Membership shall introduce the applicant's name and business to the membership for final approval. Membership has 72 hours to deny or approve. A check must be submitted within 30 days of approval for membership. Dues are prorated for new members.
8. If a Member has a problem or concerns with an applicant, that Member should discuss it privately with the Membership Committee and those concerns will be taken into consideration.
9. Business First holds business socials for membership drives as well as socials within the group.
The Social guidelines:
a. Must be approved by the VP of Events and announced at the meeting prior to the Junction Function.
b. Must attend the Social within the same quarter as the absence for an absence to be excused.
c. A maximum of two (2) Socials per year are allowed to offset an absence.
Pay your dues online!
ANNUAL DUES PRORATED AS FOLLOWS
Applications accepted from:
January through March = $50.00
April through June = $37.50
July through September = $25.00
October through December = $12.50
“If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.”
Marissa Mayer, Former President and CEO of Yahoo!
“Do what you love, and success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a successful career.”
Meg Whitman – Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
"I think the best leaders really understand that the art of communication is the language of leadership."
Mary Dillon, CEO of Ulta Beauty
Monthly Meetings: 2nd Wednesday of each month.
South Regional Public Library
6101 Johnston Street in Lafayette
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
For information contact J. Lynn Trahan @ (386) 878-6993
or any member listed in the directory.
Website by WRITE Way Web Design,